As a whiskey & coffee lover, cocktails with these two have always intrigued me. However, cocktails in which coffee and whiskey are used together are usually either too sweet for my taste or I cannot enjoy the taste of both components at a satisfactory level.
I've recently discovered a cocktail recipe that fits my taste buds, Mellow Espresso. In the center of Mellow Espresso, which is very similar to Espresso Martini in image. Jack Daniel's Gentlemen Jack is located. An aromatic and enjoyable cocktail with intense flavors.
- 4 cl Whiskey
- 1.5 cl vanilla syrup
- 4cl Espresso
- 1,5 cl Coffee Cream Liqueur
- After your shaker is filled with plenty of ice, add all the ingredients in order.
- Shake vigorously for about 20 seconds.
- Strain your drink through the shaker with the Hawthorne strainer (or a similarly functioning strainer) and pour slowly into a stemmed goblet.
- If you wish, you can decorate your drink with a few coffee beans and chocolate shavings, remaining above the foam.
The results will be much better if you find harmony in the character of the coffee and whiskey you use. Enjoy your meal.
Photo Credit: drinkmemag.com