A classic rumored to have been discovered by a bartender at the Waldorf Astoria hotel in Manhattan, New York, in 1894. Rob Roy is quite similar to Manhattan in terms of content and appearance. The biggest difference is that Manhattan uses Rye whiskey, while Rob Roy uses Scotch whiskey.
- 4.5 cl Scotch Whiskey (Usually Blend is used)
- 3 cl sweet vermouth
- Angostura bitters
- Maraschino cherry or orange peel
- The coldness of the glass is important here, as in the Manhattan production. It is enough to put the glass in the freezer 5-10 minutes before you start making your cocktail.
- Put the Scotch Whiskey, Vermouth and Bitter ingredients together with plenty of ice in the specified quantities in the Mixing glass (Mixing jug) and
- Mix for about 30 seconds with a stirrer (or any mixing stick).
- With the help of a strainer, separate the ice and pour your drink from the pitcher into the glass you have cooled in the freezer.
- Garnish with maraschino cherries or orange peel.
You may also like;
You can check other cocktail recipes from this link .